Monday, November 19, 2012

AET/541 Blog Post 2 Evaluate

By using the ideas and suggestions from the course text book called"  E-Learning and the Science of Instruction. Proven Guidelines for Consumers and Designers of Multimedia learning" By Ruth Colvin Clark and Richard Mayer, I was able to create a storyboard.  The course outline of week by week additions made the the storyboard do able. I appreciated the format. I was able to first take an idea and then each week add, take away or create something new to my storyboard. I was most impressed by the class discussion on graphics and encouraged by Clark & Mayer to make the most of the graphics and images I chose for my storyboard. At the beginning of my storyboard I thought I would add all of these pictures to "entertain" my students, then I learned that each graphic needs to have a purpose. I went back through my storyboard and included only the most necessary graphics and animation. I wanted my fifth grade audience to be engaged not entertained. I also used the principle of redundancy. My storyboard included an audio narration in a friendly human voice to read along with the visual text. This repetition of audio and visual will help my student focus and retain the lesson. I also learned about the different types of tools that you can use for a e-learning lesson, like rollover pop-ups, and click to link for other windows. I used both of these tools to enhance my learning lesson for my students. I wanted to give my students choice about which form of transportation they wanted to study first, the rollover pop-up allowed my student choice. I also linked other history events to other websites for additional learning and giving variety levels of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment