Monday, November 19, 2012

AET 541 Blog post 1 Explain

The e-learning principles I used in my e-learning lesson were that of; worked examples, segmentation, personalization and that of pretraining. After learning about each principle for the e-learning environment I tried to change my storyboard to best fit with what was taught from the reading, classmates and instructor feedback. I was able to use graphics and text appropriate for my fifth grad audience. The principle of segmentation was used to break down each form of transportation.  I also used worked examples to help the students figure out how far in distance the travelers needed to travel. I allowed lots of questions for the student to physical and mentally answer. These questions and worked example allowed for the students to critically think about the people who traveled west, why they traveled and how they traveled. I even gave questions for the student to ask themselves if they would like to travel west during this time period. This form of questioning will allow the student to internalize and personalize their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment