Sunday, April 22, 2012

I have had the fortune of being able to travel a little through out the world.  I have admired many architecture structures and marvels and the craftsmanship of men through the ages.  I have had the chance to tour the Mayan Pyramids in several countries and discuss the differences between the egyptian mayan civilizations.  I have had the chance to tour Greece and see the evaluation of the architectural arches. The Forces of Leadership section in this weeks reading points shows a pyramid table of the different leadership forces.  It got me thinking of all those pyramids I've climbed and toured.  What were the purposes of those great structures? How long did it take to build such structures? Who designed them?  As historian, archeologists and others studies these ancient civilizations they learn answers to these questions and so much more. As I learn about the different styles of leadership I too learn answers for my own styles of leading. I have found that I feel most strongly with the educational and human styles.  I learn from gaining knowledge in an area and I also love to see what human resources are available and how to use them.  These blocks in my educational pyramid can help my school by providing support, maintaing morale and by teaching and developing new curriculum.

As I read through the definitions of the five different styles I most felt comfortable in the human and educational forces.  I know that my weakest would be in the "technical" force.  I would like to learn more about that area. I look forward to more classes where I can do just that!

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy with the Pyramids. It must have been amazing to travel so much! It is great that you are in the process of building an educational pyramid to enhance your leadership. I think it is important to be self aware and to know our strengths and weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete